Thursday, June 14, 2012
1. Iron the fabric– I used some scrap muslin that I had and it was ridiculously wrinkled from spending the past six months in my scrap box.
2. I printed out my design and then traced it with my fabric marker.
3. First I made some vertical stitches to give more volume to my embroidery.
4. I filled in the letters using a simple straight stitch. For this design I chose to make a gradient because I didn't have enough of one color to fill in the entire word so I got crafty and decided to use three! I think that the end result turned out pretty good, definitely not as good as some other embroidery I have seen, but I can see the progress I have made, heck I can see progress in this particular project, just look at the "v" and the "y" the "y" looks a lot better to me.
Really that is all there is to it, this was the simplest embroidery project I have ever attempted and I can't wait to start my next project.