Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Not Quite a Vacation

Friday morning Patrick and I headed to Modesto where we met up with his mom and then headed down to Big Bear. The ride was long and hot (despite the air conditioning) but I got some good nap time with Patches, Patrick's 17 year old family cat!  Unfortunately, I have no pictures of this portion of the trip because my camera was packed away and beyond my reach, and I am still trying to get used to taking pictures all the time, hopefully the photography class I am taking this summer will help with that. 

We woke up early Saturday morning (in my favorite room ever!) and got straight to work unloading the Pod, it was heavy, dirty work(there was a lot of tools) but with six of us helping it was finished by two o'clock. We were pooped from the day but wanted to try and take advantage of being at the lake so we went fishing. We didn't catch any fish but we did find an abandoned canoe. The wind and lack of fish got the best of us so we called it quits and headed back to the cabin (or lake house.)

By 12:30pm Sunday we were in the car and headed back north, this time with Patrick's brother, his girlfriend, and we got cuddly with Ranger. Once again the ride was hot, since a lot of the ride is through the Mojave Desert, and the ride was long, especially long while I was feeling car sick. Patrick and I made it back to Oakland around 9pm and pretty much went straight to sleep since we had to wake up early the next morning. While this trip wasn't exactly a vacation it was nice to get out of town for a few days and to see the beautiful California landscape, and of course it was nice to help Patrick's parents move into their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment